- Allen Public Library
- Digital Library
- ComicsPlus, by Library Pass
ComicsPlus, powered by Library Pass
What is ComicsPlus?
ComicsPlus, powered by LibraryPass, offers thousands of digital comics, graphic novels, and manga for kids, teens, and adults through school and public libraries. You can access titles using a smartphone, tablet, or web browser, and can be downloaded to multiple devices. There is never a wait to read, all titles are unlimited access simultaneous use.
Getting Started with ComicsPlus
Follow the steps below to get started with ComicsPlus.
- Download the Library Pass app from App Store or the Google Play store.
- Open the app on your device and select "Get Started"
- Enter 'Allen Public Library' when the screen prompts for a library name or school, then tap select.
- Select "Login with Library Card."
- Enter the barcode from the back of your Allen Public Library card (no spaces) and your PIN (usually the last 4-digits of your phone number), and tap "Login."
- When the 'Login Successful' screen appears, click 'OK.'
- Start browsing ComicsPlus, powered by Library Pass.
ComicsPlus, powered by Library Pass can also be viewed in your favorite web browser. Follow the steps above to get started.
For assistance further assistance getting started, please view the Frequently Asked Questions below. For technical assistance, please contact Reader Support.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is ComicsPlus available?
Titles are available 24/7.
Do I need to place a hold on a title I want to read?
No, titles are always available! All comics are available for simultaneous access so there are no holds or waitlists. Once you have found a title to read, click the 'Check Out' button. It will automatically be added to your account. Click the 'Read Now' button to start reading.
How long do checkouts last?
Checkouts are for seven days. After seven days, the cover will go dark, but it stays in your collection. If you want to check out the comic again, just click on the cover. It will be available to you for another seven days.
How do I find comics to read?
You can browse by age range, genre, publisher, or tile. You can also use the search box located at the top of the screen.
How do I add a title to MyShelf?
There are two ways to add a title to your shelf:
1. When you read a title it will automatically appear on your shelf. Click the 'Read Now' icon on the hover page of a title.
2. You can add titles to your shelf without reading them. Simply click the '+' icon on the hover page of a title.
How do I remove titles from MyShelf?
You can remove titles from your shelf by clicking the ' - ' icon on the hover page of a title.
How do I continue reading a title?
If you don't finish the title in one read, no worries! You can start later right where you left off.
Steps to picking up where you left off:
1. Click the 'Read Now' icon.
2. When prompted, select 'Continue Reading'
Who do I contact if I have questions or need technical support?
For questions or technical assistance, please contact Reader Support.