Contractor and Commercial Services
Check Before You Dig: Use Texas811
Whether you're planting a tree or building an office tower, you first must check the location of gas lines and other vital utilities. Get started at Texas811.org or dial 8-1-1.
All contractors are required to register with the City of Allen for $50 annually. Registration forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person at the Building Services window at Allen City Hall, 305 Century Parkway.
To receive a permit, contractors must submit all required documents and fees.
You can find a list of the required inspections and inspection codes for your project on the final page(s) of your permit.
Schedule an inspection
Cancel an inspection
- Building Permit Application
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Commercial Construction Packet
- Commercial Plan Review Guideline (includes Multi-Family)
- Commercial Trash and Recycling Guidelines - CWD
- Guide to Permit Submittals
- Plan Revision Form
- Special Inspections Forms
- Temporary Open Top Order Sheet
Forms for Miscellaneous Commercial Permits
- Drainage & Grading Affidavit
- Residential Fence Guideline
- Irrigation Guideline
- Irrigation Audit Inspection Form
- Swimming Pool and Spa Guideline
- Sign Review Checklist (See Sign Regulations page)
- Smoking Ordinance Compliance Form
- Special Event / Temporary Use Permit Application
- SWPP (Storm Water Mgmt.) Form
- Temporary Open Top Order Sheet (See CWD for further details.)
Restaurant Construction and Remodeling
Health Permit (Food/Childcare/Pools)
*If you are selling food at an event which received a temporary use permit, you must apply for an receive a health permit. If you are giving away free samples or donating food for an event, your are not required to obtain a health permit. Mobile food vendors with a health permit to operate as a mobile food vendor are not required to obtain a separate health permit to operate at a special event. However, they are required to notify Health Department staff of their intention to operate at the event.