Park Rules

Please call Allen Parks and Recreation at 214.509.4700 if you have questions, need assistance with park guidelines or if you'd like to rent a park pavilion.

  • Park curfew is enforceable between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
  • No glass containers.
  • No firearms or other weapons.
  • Take your pet for a walk in the parks! Just keep them on a leash, and thank you for bagging their by-products.
  • A fishing license is required to fish in area ponds and lakes if you're older than age 16. Practice "catch and release" so that more fish can attend school!
  • City of Allen trails, ponds, lakes and parks are not friendly to horses, water crafts and motorized means of travel.
  • Visit a City of Allen public pool for swimming; ponds, lakes and creeks are reserved for wildlife.
  • Fires and launching rockets require a permit from the Fire Marshall and Director of Parks and Recreation.
  • Trees on City of Allen land are protected! Protect yourself, and do not cut or remove any wood for any purpose. Do not collect or remove plant material, grass, sand or fertilizer as well.
  • Smoking allowed in parking lots and designated areas only.
  • Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not allowed on trails, greenbelts, ponds, lakes or any park property.
  • For safety reasons, tethered, gas operated and radio-controlled flying devices are not allowed in City of Allen park air-space. Radio-controlled boats are allowed in lakes or ponds.
  • Do not putt, chip, drive or otherwise hit golf balls except as permitted at The Courses at Watters Creek.
  • It is unlawful to practice, carry on, conduct or solicit for any trade, occupation, business or profession, or to circulate any petition on public property, including City of Allen parks. It is also unlawful to park or operate a commercial vehicle or trailer on public park property except as authorized by the Director of Parks and Recreation when on official approved business or while attending a park function.
  • Do not participate in the following without the prior written approval from the Director of Parks and Recreation: overnight camping or any structured camping, selling drinks, merchandise, services and confections, sound amplification (e.g. radios, musical instruments, PA systems), organized sporting activity, the discharge or exhibition of fireworks, the use of bows and arrows, slingshots, rockets, paintball guns, potato guns, etc.