The Community Enhancement Department preserves and improves the physical, economic and social health of Allen by enhancing neighborhood livability, protecting the public health and environment, proactive community engagement, comprehensive problem solving and public/private partnerships.
- Administering neighborhood improvement programs and CDBG housing programs
- Coordinating with public service agencies
- Planning and hosting community engagement activities
- Working with businesses and residents to maintain properties and resolve nuisance issues
- Administering food safety, pool safety, mosquito control and environmental compliance activities